Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh Boy, What a Week

Just over a week has gone by since my last post, let me fill you in. I've quickly learned that ReferenceUSA is awesome for looking up potential business. I've also learned that it's a very good idea to always call a business before cold calling it. You can save so much time and gas by doing this. I visited several places cold where I soon discovered the HR person in question could only be seen by appointment set by phone. Not only this but sometimes you don't know who you want to talk to in the first place without calling. You can also find the best times to stop in etc. So a good lesson to me, phone the business first if you can.

Also I have to tell you guys a secret. Good Will... ROCKS!!! I bought 2 pants, 2 shirts, and 4 ties, for about $20. Everything was perfect condition and VERY tasteful in my opinion as well as in line with John T Molloy's suggestions for successful dressage.

This past Thursday and Friday I had some training with Chris Bouldrey down near Cincinnati for Product Knowledge and Center of Influence aka Direct Marketing. They were really neat classes and I look forward to Sales school at the end of this month. For those of you who haven't gone yet, make sure to pay good attention and sit at the front of the class.

For this week, Chris Bouldrey has a little contest for those of us in his class. For every direct policy we sell we get a raffle ticket. Whoever has the most raffle tickets has a better chance of being drawn to win a small cash prize. I'm feeling good about this week, I'm pretty sure I can get 4 directs at least if I push hard. Who knows? I might do better, but I certainly won't try to do worse.

I'm feeling pretty confident in my approach scripts, which is good because we're going to be going over them and role play next sales class. I'm also familiar with paper apps and I don't have to feel so reliant on the laptop but too bad it wasn't as fast. I've also got a pretty good understanding of the AIA, or Accident Indemnity Advantage, policy. It's a really nice policy, I wish I get one for me and the family but I need some positive monthly income first. Gonna have to wait for that for a little while...

Not quite sure what this week is going to bring, I'm trying to put together a system for filing and organizing when I start amassing various mounds of paperwork around here before too long. If anyone has any suggestions on organization that might help me out, I'd love to hear it.

Wish me luck on the raffle!

No comments:

Post a Comment