Friday, September 11, 2009

New Swag

Well, as far as actual work goes, I didn't personally accomplish anything today.

I was to meet with my DSC at 8:30 at the office this morning, I got there at 8:00. My DSC went to the wrong gas station for coffee and got delayed about 20 minutes due to crazy lines or something.

When we finally got together, I sat there while she made a few phone calls and then she started quizzing me on my scripts. Admittedly, I haven't had a chance to go over them like I wanted to, and she was visibly upset. As was I, I might add. I really want to rock at this. I'm going to take tomorrow to finally memorize the blasted things.

Talking to people isn't my problem. It's knowing what I'm talking about, and that's something I'm really shaky on. So she let me peruse her binder thing for Employer Presentations and explained a lot of the policies for me. That helped more than anything. I need to get some copies of those myself.

OH! I also learned that my state application was FINALLY accepted and now I'm just waiting on my writing number so I can write insurance finally.

Anyways, so the whole point of this morning was to go sit in on a presentation or something at a skating rink with another relatively new agent. We didn't end up leaving until about 11:00.

After all is said and done, I made it back home around 1:00 just in time to get a little spoiled by a very generous relative.

I was taken to Kohl's and I ended up receiving a suit jacket, a couple new shirts, a tie, and a pair of shoes. Now I can finally ditch the crapola slip-resistant restaurant shoes that only kinda look like dress shoes. Holy smokes do I feel so much better about my appearance now that I had such a wonderful gift given to me. Only thing about it is I have to tailor my jacket. The only size I could even move my arms in was a 46R but the waist is ridiculously large for me. I do have very broad shoulders. At least until then I will look great in my new shirts.

(If you know any good affordable places to get suits tailored near the Dayton Ohio area, please let me know! Thanks!)

Guys, it was worth it to not go prospecting this afternoon so I could get that swag. Appearance is so important when doing business. If you don't look like you're in your own profession, you won't be treated like a professional. Go read New Dress for Success by John T. Molloy.

Ladies, don't dress your men for work, you will doom them.

Now that I'm not wearing slummy temp outfits, I'm expecting much better reactions when I'm out prospecting. Not only that, but my attitude about myself is so much better I'll be better.

I can't wait to start selling some policies, I'd really like to expand my limited wardrobe. I also want to pay off my stupid stupid debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment