Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day Prospecting

So today I meet up with my DSC around 12:30ish and we head out to do a little bit of prospecting from a list she had me put together. I'd have to say, I was a bit more nervous about this than I thought I would be on my first day out to set appointments. Probably because I hadn't had a chance to memorize my approach scripts yet and I didn't really know what I would say once I got together with the Decision Maker. Luckily my DSC is great and helped me out every time I needed it.

I think I caught a sweet lead too, I made contact with the HR lady (really nice and patient) of this one fairly big place who says they've never been contacted by Aflac before that she knows of. She was really interested in hearing more about it, but there was one other person that would have to be involved who was unavailable at that moment. She took down our information and said that she would call us later. I figure, if we don't hear back by Tuesday we'll give them a call back.

I also got to sit in and meet with an HR Exec of another nice sized business I actually know the owner of. She sounded maybe so-so about the whole thing, having looked at Aflac a couple years ago and decided against it. I think the Agent who previously contacted them might not have closed the sale all too well? Anyways, she agreed to let us come back and do a presentation and she'd  see if they would decide to go for it.

The major issue with that company was the fact that around 50% of the employees were over 60 with hefty salaries. Not quite sure how this is going to pan out. I'm planning on checking up with the owner personally and let him know what I'm up to and see what he personally thinks.

Other than that, there wasn't too much excitement. Just getting over cold calling butterflies again I suppose. I better get off here and work on those scripts...

No comments:

Post a Comment